Thursday, August 15, 2013

Attempt at easy cleaning for gas stove tops (Success)

So I just moved into a rental trailer. Not everything got noticed before we moved in. One of which was that the stove top grates for the gas stove were filthy! You know how it goes, you cook on them and they get covered in the grease and grime over time. Even in past places it seemed I had to scrub as hard as I could and I could never get it all off no matter what I used. So when I saw This on Pinterest I wondered if it could be that easy.

So here is the before picture

Its kinda hard to see, but they look totally black with the grime

I kinda did what it said. I am not much of one for measuring. I put them each in a separate gallon size bag and poured in some (about the 3 tablespoons) clear ammonia.  


I set them in a glass baking dish in case they leaked and left them overnight. I only did 2 at a time because I don't have a microwave right now and not having a stove top was not a option.

They say to leave for 12 hours, but I had to work the next day, so I left them for more like 20 hours. 
After taking them out of the bag, setting them in plain hot water and washing for less then 2 minutes this is the result that I got.

I found out they actually aren't black. They are silver. 

So much easier than scrubbing!!!! 
Verdict: Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment