Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dinner, Pepperoni Cheese Stick Roll Ups

So I decided to try This recipe last night for dinner. As I said, I am a mom on a budget though, so when I went to the store I decided to try a little of a modification to the ingredients. I used ham instead of pepperoni, and I used shredded mozzarella instead of string cheese.


My ingredient listing
Meijer brand crescent rolls - $2.50
Honey Ham sliced - $2.50 (still have some left for sandwiches)
Shredded Mozzarella - $2.00 for the bag ( still have over half a bag left)
Some Ranch and Spaghetti sauce for dipping (had in the house)
Total dinner expense about $6.00

I spread ham on the uncooked crescent roll, then topped with the cheese.

Kai decided he wanted to make a jumbo one

I rolled them up. I figured out that they stay together better when I folded the outside corners over to the center. I pre heated the oven to 350 degrees.

Topped with a butter and garlic sauce and cooked for about 13 minutes

This is how they looked when they came out. We paired it with spaghetti sauce and ranch.



We also had some corn that we got from a family members garden with dinner


The verdict - Recipe creation was a success. It was easy and fun for Kai to help with.
Taste verdict - Ezzy and I thought it was too buttery. Too sweet tasting even with the sauces, but edible, just not a favorite
Kai loved it! Total win.

No comments:

Post a Comment